Skip to main content


I have a water or sewer emergency or no water, what do I do? 

OCSD staff can be reached 24/7/365 by calling (805) 481-6730.

Is Oceano a City? 

Oceano is an unincorporated area of San Luis Obispo County and is not a city. 

San Luis Obispo County Board of Supervisors

Where does our water come from? 

Oceano participates in the State Supplemental Water Project and our water is a blend of ground water from wells, surface water from Lopez Reservoir, and State water. Information on Oceano’s water quality can be obtained at any time–feel free to contact the office to request current data.

How can I pay my water bill? 

Payments can be made at any point in the billing cycle and they can be made via cash, check or money order or debit/credit card.  Please see Payments & Fees for more information.

I noticed a streetlight is damaged or not working properly, what should I do? 

The historic lights located on Front Street (HWY 1) are maintained by the OCSD. Please call us with a location and description of your concern and we will work to repair it as soon as possible.

For street lighting operated by PG&E, please complete a service request through their website.

Who do I contact regarding flooding or other street issues in Oceano? 

Please contact the County of San Luis Obispo Public Works Department at (805) 781-5252

SLO County (OES) Office of Emergency Services 
Permits & Licensing in Oceano 
Oceano State Parks (Dunes, Tickets, Events) 
Vacation Rental Questions and Information 
Code Enforcement Information 

Weed Abatement and other fire hazards (Private property/alleyways)
Five Cities Fire Authority or (805) 473-5490

Weed Abatement and other fire hazards (Basins)
County of San Luis Obispo Public Works Department (805) 781-5252

Abandoned vehicles / Parking Concerns
SLO County Sheriff Department: (805) 473-7100
California Highway Patrol (Hwy 1 and other areas of Oceano): (805) 594-8700

Unhoused Population
SLO County Sheriff Department: (805) 781-4550 Ext. 3

Signage in Oceano
County of San Luis Obispo Public Works Department (805) 781-5252

CalTrans District 5 (San Luis Obispo)  (805) 549-3111

Please note some street signs are on private streets or provided by an HOA. OCSD does not provide street signs or road signs.

Other assistance may be available through San Luis Obispo County Code Enforcement

Does OCSD sell bus passes? 

The OCSD sells a limited variety of RTA Bus Passes. Our customer service window is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.  Please note: RTA accepts cash or checks only. Please make your check payable to “RTA.”

Join our mailing list